Friday, July 18, 2014

MOVE OVER PHILLY, THERE’S A NEW SANDWICH IN TOWN





My next blog might be “Confessions of a Vegan”, ‘cause I am 97% there.
                                                                                               Karla Boyd

               A vegetarian is a person who won't eat anything that can have children.                    
                                                                                                David Brenner

Yesterday and today, I ate in peace. Today I created my version of a Philly Cheese Sandwich recipe. For me what was missing in the old recipe was LOVE.

The film industry has a clause that states, “no animals were harmed in the making of this film.” I, too, say that no animals were harmed in the making of this sandwich! I might be more precise, by the way, in declaring that statement. While The American Humane Society is laudable in their work to protect animals in Hollywood, Pat Derby, The Lady and her Tiger (http://www.pawsweb.org/) lived to tell a different tale.

But now I’m off track. I need to return to what let me eat in peace. (Please see my other blog on this subject: CONFESSIONS OF A VEGETARIAN: Working My Way Back T... It was a worthy detour, but back to the “show.” Here is my mouthwatering vegan, Move Over Philly, There’s A New Sandwich In Town recipe:

Ingredients:
One Slice Daiya cheddar cheese-(http://us.daiyafoods.com/our-products)
One half white or yellow onion-caramelized or grilled
Garlic chopped and sautéed
Fresh Ginger sautéed
Grilled veggies, either roasted red pepper or zucchini does nicely
Gluten Free, Vegan Bun or Bread your choice
1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
Tomato Grilled, Sautéed, or Raw
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Love-“No animal was harmed in the…”

Cooking Instructions:
Caramelize onions, sauté garlic, ginger and veggies…
Fry one bread slice with cheese and Chia seeds on top.
Fry the other slice alone.
Add veggies onto sandwich along with tomato.
Cook a bit more…
When cheese is melted, bring out your best dinnerware.
Eat.

Heaven…..
Of course like a good healthy Philly sandwich, it will drip all over you…







No comments: