Friday, October 31, 2014

"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"





            Any negative emotion that lasts longer than 90 seconds is the result 
            of negative self- talk and storytelling by the left-brain. My stroke of insight 
            is that the core of my right hemisphere consciousness is completely committed
            to the expression of peace, love, joy, and compassion in the world.
                                                                             Jill Bolte Taylor, Neuroanatomist

            There is plenty of good love available—love that heals our heart, melts 
            our needs, and makes our spirit sing.
                                                                             Melody Beattie



                                                  "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"

Love is simple. It asks for nothing in return. When a friend requests me to send some positive energy, I do. If a family member writes that her cancer is back, I send love. It’s now part of my morning observance to send love to people, animals and issues who enter my consciousness.

What I don’t do is let my left-brain negative thoughts send messages with the LOVE, such as, “Maggie give up your political views.” My left-brain doesn’t get a vote on what’s bad for Maggie. Those thoughts go into the trash.

But LOVE? Love I can send Maggie for the present situation that she’s facing.

Until I read Jill Bolte Taylor’s book, My Stroke of Insight, I didn’t know we could simply pick the negative self-talk “weeds” from our brain. My left brain, like yours, has been programmed to talk trash. Those thoughts are weeds and they’ve got to go.

Today, a few words into writing this blog, weeds showed up. When the electrician arrived for a ten-minute check on my breaker-box, it turned into a three-hour affair. With my computer shut down, I was “hired” to confirm what outlets belonged to which breaker.

I heard my brain complain. It took a few attempts, but I succeeded in tossing out the negative talk. I aligned with being friendly. So my day wasn’t going as planned. When the electrician left, I sent him love; me, too, and those impacted by the delay of promises that I had made. I sent love to my blog. I sat in the sun a bit, connected with a few friends online and wham, I was back in the zone. Ready to write, grateful that the electricity was back on.

In my last blog, Healing the Cosmic Split, I shared cosmology stories about the UNITY FIELD. It’s this field of energy that our right brain hemispheres tap into, sending loving, peaceful, joyful and compassionate vibrations. I’m part of that Field. So are you.


What happens if we routinely are sending and receiving love from that field? It aligns us, heals us and unites us. Who knows the impact it has on our crying world?

Dear Reader, do you want to send Love? Okay, take a moment now.

With your heart open and your mind quiet, send one person LOVE. Send LOVE to any troubling situation.

If you like this moment of sending love, what’s one thing you can do to keep your vibrations tuned to this LOVE channel and the Unity Field?


No comments: